To support healthy, diverse, economically sustainable forest ecosystems, and the community of forest product producers, artisans and end users across Cape Breton, by:
· making collectively informed decisions as to enterprises that support a healthy forest ecosystem, innovation, and value-added products, and that respect our social and cultural values, our collective experiential knowledge;
· providing innovative training, investment, and opportunities to strengthen all aspects of the supply chain, including but not limited to, forest education, harvesting, transportation, sorting, processing, design, community development and marketing;
· fostering a healthy, vibrant organisation where the process of intergenerational learning will be as important as the products produced, and everyone is a leader in helping to make the cooperative a success;
· giving makers and users local and sustainable choices;
· welcoming and encouraging producers of all skills and sizes.